Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mirror Lake area questions
If you want developed campgrounds there is a list of them starting from Kamas, all along Hwy 150 to Evanston. I come from Layton, Ut and travel up the Bear River side through Evanston, Wy. There are some real nice, shady campgrounds along the river as you head up into the Uintas such as Bear River CG, Christmas Meadows CG, Stillwater CG, Beaver View CG, and Hayden CG. Once you get up on top there are several roadside lakes with campgrounds such as Butterfly, Mirror, and Moosehorn CG. So there is one choice, do you want to camp by a river/stream or lake? You cant reserve them but if you get up there Friday afternoon you should find something. I usually head back to Whitney Res. or Mill Creek to camp. You can just find a pull off and set up your own camp very easily. Whitney is low and the fishing is slow. Beaver lake is just past Whitney and I have heard its been good at times. Both of these lakes are back about 10miles on a well maintained dirt road, just follow the signs from Hwy 150. If you like stream fishing, thats the ticket. Each fork of the Bear River has treated me well this year while dry fly fishing. I use royal wulffs, coachmens, humpies, caddis, and parachute adams. You won't have any problem if you flyfish. Some of my family likes to spin fish and they do pretty good on the streams too. Definitely don't overlook stream fishing, anywhere in the Uintas, they are usually passed up for the flat water fishing. Hope it helps. Enjoy the escape from the urban chaos! Ryno
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Mirror Lake area questions - by kidsnme - 08-11-2003, 05:53 PM
Re: [kidsnme] Mirror Lake area questions - by Ryno - 08-11-2003, 10:10 PM