Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mirror Lake area questions
Another thing, kidnme, if you are going up via Kamas, stop by the hatchery and take the kids on a tour through it. It is nice and educational and they will start off learning how to identify the fish and the different species and just an understanding (if old enough) of what actually goes into creating and managing fisheries. The tours are at 9, 11, 1 and 3 every day. If you miss them they have a couple spots you can look at the fish in a submerged pond and a look in the fry area.

Also I was up in the Uintas this weekend, although I did not fish [mad], we drove around and let me tell you the road side lakes were a zoo! People everywhere, full parking lots and just a lot of caos. The wife and I drove the far end and drove up to lake Whitney and Beaver and there were a bunch of people there as well, and not to miss a bunch of moose and elk. The map that they give you at the ranger pay station is garbage, I would hit REI or something like that and buy a real map that will detail the roads and trails better.

I hope to get my family out this weekend for a day trip. Who knows, we might just happen to see ya! Have a fun trip and be safe, especially important in the high uintas. Another thing, we did not notice nearly as many bugs this year as last year, hopefully this was not a quirk.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Mirror Lake area questions - by kidsnme - 08-11-2003, 05:53 PM
Re: [kidsnme] Mirror Lake area questions - by One_eyed_jack - 08-12-2003, 07:50 PM