Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Owens brand boat
here is a sure fire way for you to price your own boat.

look at what you have.

look at the cost of repairing it, (both parts and labor-what it would cost for some one else to fix it for you)[Wink]

look around to see what it would cost to replace it with something similar in good condition, size/capasody[Wink]

I estimated my set up using this same equation. I found that I can not replace a 12 foot rowboat with 2 swivel seats and oars and tralor and 5 horse motor for $1200. I looked high and low and there is nothing to be found for that price or less. maybe com winter a man might find one that some rich dood has gotten board of and did not use my give one away, but I aint holding my bait on that happening.[shocked]

I stoped by gander mountain today and boy did I get a surprize. I saw one of them new 4 stroke motors. a 5 house. made by brigs and stratan. it was marked down from $800 to $600. Man-Man did I have a hole wantin to burn in my pocket. If only I had two quarters to rub together. [blush]

It did look sharp with its Jet Black sheen, I have alway been a big fan of briggs and statan engions....[Wink]
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Owens brand boat - by DrownedDesertRat - 07-06-2003, 03:22 AM
Re: [DrownedDesertRat] Owens brand boat - by davetclown - 08-14-2003, 02:41 AM