Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Consolation prizes
Have never found anything of value while fishing but perhaps I should start dredging the bottom while fishing on my float tube??? Must be a bunch of rod and reels down there.

Do have a story to tell about the first time I went float tubing in Balboa Island in Newport Beach. After I was done fishing I leaned some of my equipment against a residence's fence while loading up the car. I guess I was excited and did a lot of talking to my buddy about the day and got kinda scatterned....

Anyways, I packed up and went home, took a shower, ate some dinner then thought about cleaning the gears that are still in the car. It was 10 PM by then and I sat comfortably in my couch debating if I want to get up to clean. All of sudden, a mental picture tells me that I do not have my rod and reel in the car. I rushed out to the car and sure enough, they weren't there [shocked] I then realized I had left them leaning against the residence's fence. I got depressed and thought they were gone for sure. They were left there over 6 hours ago. They were not top of the line but still will cost about $200 to replace.

I hopped in the car and drove back anyways, I couldn't justify not at least giving it a try to see if they are still there. Imagine my surprise when I found the rod and reel still laying against the fence, along with a few other things I didn't remember that I left! This is an area that is frequented with lots of foot traffic too.

I was so pleased and impressed with that neighborhood that I would always tell the story to any locals there when I chat with them. Of course, having to suffer through the mental anguish of loss, I went out and bought another outfit to make myself feel better [laugh]
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Consolation prizes - by hedgesd - 08-15-2003, 06:24 AM
Re: [hedgesd] Consolation prizes - by TubeDude - 08-15-2003, 12:10 PM
Re: [hedgesd] Consolation prizes - by Dryrod - 08-15-2003, 03:43 PM
Re: [Dryrod] Consolation prizes - by TubeDude - 08-15-2003, 06:27 PM
Re: [hedgesd] Consolation prizes - by Ahimanic - 08-15-2003, 06:48 PM
Re: [Ahimanic] Consolation prizes - by hedgesd - 08-16-2003, 01:59 AM
Re: [hedgesd] Consolation prizes - by JapanRon - 08-16-2003, 04:01 AM