Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pine View Muskie
Another PV shore-musky success. Nice.

Even if YOU don't hook it - just being around those monsters is exciting! But having one on the line, and waiting for it to break - THAT gets you blood pumping!

Yeah - let them run. Especially if you don't have a heavy line, or steel leader. I broke one off as it dove under my boat and I watched the rod go down, down, down. SO next time - I was certain to let OFF the drag and let it run. Each time it came up to the boat - it said, oh NO - not THAT again, and off it went. By the time I finally netted it it was just kinda saying fine, get your picture, and let's get this done.

He ate my perch, and I really think I never actually hooked him, he just refused to let go!!! Needless to say - I let him keep the snack.

Saw another post of someone's stringer of bass getting muched by a musky. So watch out for your basket too!

Some folks think fishing is boring. They obviously haven't had the addictive adrenalin rush that comes from a heavy tug.

Nice that you guys met up too. Where were you fishing from? Gotta get me down there soon. I'm on a mission to target some big bass. If I find a musky - bonus. (big bonus!)

Thanks for the post and pix.

Messages In This Thread
Pine View Muskie - by streamfisherman - 10-17-2010, 04:26 AM
Re: [streamfisherman] Pine View Muskie - by CoyoteSpinner - 10-19-2010, 12:27 PM