Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My UL tube project...
Outstanding work, SHig, I envious because of not having enough time to pursue something like this due to work demands, so I will keep your pursuits bookmarked.

Maybe a more compact , lighweight valve like the alpaca is available and could be moved to the upper front edge between the legs without having to sit on it. A backrest would add considerably to comfort which is important to me with my spine troubles, but make the thing heavier. Sometimes you can justify slightly heavier weight/volume in packing if something does double or triple duty- like an alpaca that also serves as an elevated sleeping mattress, emergency shelter, etc..... I have by far the lightest setup of all my buddies in the ODC 420 which has allowed transport by air travel to some really beautiful water. Even inflatable kayaks aren't stable enough to enjoy these in comfort. The bells and whistles are nice on a fully loaded tube, but at some point it limits you to drive and drop locations only. The weight gets too heavy for wheels, and everything gets more complicated to set up, transport and use.

Pon

[quote flygoddess]Looking good! Just that valve on the seat looks like it might be a little uncomfortable....LOL Or not[laugh][laugh][laugh][/quote]
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
My UL tube project... - by SHigSpeed - 11-20-2010, 02:50 AM
Re: [flygoddess] My UL tube project... - by pontoonman - 11-22-2010, 07:37 PM