Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LOOKY LOOKY, WHO'S A BROOKIE
[cool]Heredity is what the parent of a gifted child believes in.

TubeN2 became a fisherman early. Although his first fish...a trout from Lake Arrowhead, in California...was kinda traumatic. At age 4, the workings of a spinning reel were a bit complicated for him. In the excitement of cranking in the "hatchery pet", the strings on his hooded sweatshirt tangled in the turning bail on the reel, and suddenly the reel froze up. Not to worry. Number two son (one older brother) just backed up until he dragged the poor trout up on the bank. The tears of frustration quickly became the laughter of accomplishment...and another fisherman was born.

In the grand family tradition, his one and only son is developing a severe case of fishitis too. Recently got his first fish on the rod Grandpa made for him and now that's all he wants to do...go fishin'. Dang. Kinda reminds me of me. There's that heredity thing again.

And, on a personal note, LH, I would entrust the fine art of fishing education of my progeny to you anytime. You have done a fine job with your own.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
LOOKY LOOKY, WHO'S A BROOKIE - by TubeDude - 08-22-2003, 02:22 PM
Re: [lonehunter] LOOKY LOOKY, WHO'S A BROOKIE - by TubeDude - 08-23-2003, 11:41 AM