Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Carrying weapons while fishing
[quote flygoddess]I totally agree with our right, but there are some laws that need to be addressed (specially for civilians):

If you don’t have a CWL, make sure your weapon is plainly visible when you carry it or keep it in close proximity, readily accessible for prompt use. Carrying of “...a concealed weapon on or about [your] person without a license to carry a concealed weapon...” is prohibited by I.C. §18-3302(9). A weapon is considered concealed if it “is so carried that it is not discernible by ordinary observation.” ~ State v. McNary, 596

[/quote]

I don't know the codes, but I've been told by fish cops that when you are in the field, it is assumed you are packing, and therefore, a CWL is not required. If they know you are packing, it is not considered concealed even if it is out of site. My 2 cents.

Oh yeah, I was charged by a wolf 3 years ago. I ALWAYS pack now. Won't get out of the truck without a weapon of some kind.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Carrying weapons while fishing - by 2dogs - 01-14-2011, 12:42 AM
Re: [flygoddess] Carrying weapons while fishing - by iwantabuggy - 01-14-2011, 03:53 PM