Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where to make some sucker bait!
If you don't mind speculation and a little adventure, I have heard that the stream west of Cove/Richmond (I think it's the Cub River) has suckers. I've seen a number of carp in it but the stream runs a little faster in a few areas and may have better sucker populations. Access points: Go north on the hwy to Richmond/Cove cities. Turn west at the flasher in Richmond, or 11600 No. west of Caspers Ice Cream, or 12400 No. At each area there is private ground but you may be able to get some under the bridges. If you don't happen to catch any suckers stop in at Caspers Ice Cream and get a shake it will make the drive worth your time.

Another place you might try is down North Cache Rd. (9800 No. County, or 600 S. Richmond [I think]). It's the road going west from the North Cache High School in Richmond. 3 miles west of town you come to a large canal and it looks like good carp/sucker/catfish water. Just a suggestion with no personal experience on this one.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Where to make some sucker bait! - by BearLakeMack - 08-29-2003, 12:58 AM
Re: [BearLakeMack] Where to make some sucker bait! - by fishnate - 08-29-2003, 01:42 PM