Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where to fish tonight?
Hello FishFather,

Things did satart a bit slow, while we were testing baits. We tryed night crawlers, liver, mackeral, shrimp, and worms.

The worms produced some small crappie and a bunch of tiny carp (they just spawned and are everywhere).

The trick seemed to be moving spots, looking for spots were the Kats were breaking water. We were catching them pretty quickly after the shrimp hit the water when we had seen fish jumping. It seemed if we didn't get them on the way down and the bait reached the bottom we wouldn't see much action. We then started baiting a piece of shrimp with a marshmellow and then another piece of shrimp to keep the bait off the bottom and it was a pretty steady bite. We actaully caught more fish but farmed a couple. Also if you fish near the dock after they are hooked they go striaght for the dock and if your drag is to loose you will lose a couple to the dock anchors. I had three rods with me and really couldn't fish with more then one because the action was pretty quick, they weren't running away with the bait, you definetly had to set the hook quick or you came up with no bait.

Best spots that produced well were the spillway, dock area and the big cement colvert half way down the back side of the lake.

Thier stocking again Tues. and I am going again this week or Friday for thier all nighter (I caught them on the Memorial Day all nighter).

Hope to see you out there. I want to nail one of those 10+ ponders!
[signature]
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

TheAngler BFT Moderator

Messages In This Thread
Where to fish tonight? - by theangler - 08-31-2003, 11:17 PM
Re: [theangler] Where to fish tonight? - by fishfather - 09-02-2003, 09:13 PM
Re: [fishfather] Where to fish tonight? - by theangler - 09-02-2003, 09:33 PM
Re: [theangler] Where to fish tonight? - by fishfather - 09-02-2003, 09:51 PM