Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jordanelle bass harvest this summer.
A couple more comments:

1. RE " How can these survey's be considered accurate. They spend a couple weekends on the water surveying and think they know what happens all year?"

Fair question. They do have a pretty good idea on how many people fish a State Park fishery over a given time based on boat counts and usage. They then can put in their data and extrapolate over the year. It isn't exact, but it isn't too far off either. I hate to repeat the original BS, but remember, one of the debunked "rumors" being spread was that the DWR creel guys actually checked 60-90 trophy class bass (20+ inches) being speared. This is absolutely false.

2. RE;"OK where did the bass go????????"

I have my ideas, and have to admit that I had a good year up there, but instead of espousing conspiracy theories or spreading rumors, why don't you give the DWR a couple more months to process the creel data, the gillnetting, and electroshocking (if done) and then ask them yourself? They will be happy to answer your questions. They won't bite you for inquiring.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Re: [scartinez] Jordanelle bass harvest this summer. - by doggonefishin - 10-06-2011, 03:48 PM