Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Panguitch Lake: Transcript of Wildlife Board Comments at meeting on 11/03/2011
RE" NO ONE WITH THE DWR ANSERS TO THE PUBLIC FOR ANYTHING THEY DO!!!"

I think you are trying to give the DWR credit for being more powerful than they really are. The truth is that the DWR is one of the most impotent agencies in state government. They do not even have the power to enact their own regulations! Every fish and game regulation is enacted by the Wildlife board. And how many DWR personnel are full voting members of the Wildlife board? Yep, zero. Ask the hunters how well the wildlife board listens to the DWR when they ignored the biologists and DWR in enacting the new deer hunting regulations. [mad]
The Wildlife board is the ultimate in politicians that have absolutely zero public accountability. Personally, I would prefer the DWR to have more power to enact their own regulations. I think they would be less prone to special interests than the current system. I would also say that the PL issue notwithstanding, the DWR has recently seemed to do a better job in soliciting and when possible enacting what the public wants. Willard bay is a good example.

As for Panguitch lake, while I believe that the issue is far more complex than being only an issue of angler apathy at the RAC level, Mr. Perkins and the Hepps are right that angler involvement in participating in the decision making process is generally a disgrace.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Re: [fuzzyfisher] Panguitch Lake: Transcript of Wildlife Board Comments at meeting on 11/03/2011 - by doggonefishin - 11-07-2011, 05:28 PM