Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
sonar vs flasher on the ice
[quote catmaster23]Thing you have to remember is that their built ford tough with chevy stuff. When half the parts on a ford say ACDelco it's gotta be true. As far a Dogde goes, I'd rather have NOpar than MOPAR![/quote]

We all know what F.O.R.D stands for.... !@#$ over rebuilt dodge [Wink]

As far as sonar vs flasher goes, I use a bottom line fishing buddie on the ice for years and it worked well.

From what Ive been told its the transducer & the "cone" of coverage it projects. Allot of the fish finders built for boats have a narrow but deep beam then points strait down. Some fish finders have different frequencies the widen the sonar cone ect ect and like the fishing Buddie the transducer projects sideways.

As far as flashers goes they work in the same way projecting a cone shaped sonar bouncing off objects in the water and returning to the Flasher. From what Ive been told flashers since they have round led thing on the face of them they can more quickly convert the sonar signal to a readable display thus being interpreted as being more accurate.

Also the the power of the sonar signal effects the reading, some finders are able to produce a stronger sonar signal and again interpreted as being more accurate.

Flashers are suppose to produce a stronger signal as to there portable counter parts but again this is only what Ive Heeerd

I like flashers but havent done enough research to justfy the cost over one over a regular fish finder plus I like the fact I can use my fishing buddie on the ice, my tube and eventually when i buy a boat....
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
sonar vs flasher on the ice - by catmaster23 - 12-21-2011, 01:25 AM
Re: [catmaster23] sonar vs flasher on the ice - by sinergy - 12-21-2011, 04:41 PM