Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fish Finder for Ice Fishing
Lowrance M68c. Color LCD with built in GPS. I use the same unit on both of my boats (transducers both installed on each boat) as well as for ice fishing, in an insulated case with a an ice-ducer (specifically made for ice fishing). As mentioned, I l leave the backlight on and I am going on 6 years with the same unit and it has never given me an issue. I do throw a couple of handwarmers in it the case when using it however just in case. It also has a flasher screen, and I have used it and i like it...bu tI like the graph display better, and it is real time, no delay...just gotta know how to read it. The other benefit is that you can mark your fishing holes and return to an exact spot with the GPS. Anything you get will help, and you will get used to what you have. My m68c was $400 six years ago, I have seen them for $299 recently. You can get the "ice fishing pack" for $69 which comes with the case that will accomodate a battery, and the iceducer. I think they refer to that as their "ice machine" package. I didn't buy that, I just bought the ice-ducer and made my own case.

My M68c has ALL of my fishing waypoints on it as it is the unit I use year round.
[signature]
I used to N.ot have E.nough T.ime O.ff to go fishing.  Then I retired.  Now I have less time than I had before. Sheesh.

Messages In This Thread
Fish Finder for Ice Fishing - by Mr._Rogers - 01-12-2012, 06:57 PM
Re: [Mr._Rogers] Fish Finder for Ice Fishing - by N.E.T.O. - 01-12-2012, 09:56 PM