Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fly Line Recommendation
@oldtroller - thanks for the info. I have a motor on my pontoon and I fish it like you described doing a slow troll or kicking backwards. Probably 90% of my fishing on strawberry has been done this way...I typically just troll my fly as I kick backwards slowly. I didn't do much casting and stripping in.

Is there a noticeable difference between an intermediate line and a Type II? From what I've been reading the sink rate seems relatively the same for both types of line. I'm also a little unfamiliar with the grain ratings on orvis lines...what grain do I want on a 6 wt rod for a faster sinking line? Sorry for the basic questions but I've pretty much stuck to just floating and sink tip lines for the last several years...there seems to be many many more choices when it comes to sinking lines.

When using these faster sink lines am I going to get hung up on the bottom a lot just trolling? I'm just wondering if it would be more effective to try stripping my fly in rather than trolling. Again, thanks for all of the help as I'm still fairly new to stillwater.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Fly Line Recommendation - by redsoxflyfishr - 01-19-2012, 05:06 PM
Re: [OldTroller] Fly Line Recommendation - by redsoxflyfishr - 01-22-2012, 05:11 AM