Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Southern California Saltwater Report 10/17-22

Southern California Saltwater

Report for October 10/17-22 starts tonight.

Whoops I lost a day there somewhere Sorry. The fact is that I'm making a fishing diary for a full year so that an entire year of fishing in the LA area can be reviewed with actual daily info.

San Diego 1/2 day boats yessssssss 1/2 boats are killing the yellows, 15, 18, 20 anglers are catching 100+ yellows each boat!!!!! Oh Man Oh Man! I take back everything I said about San Diego being slow! It's the speed of light down there right now. What a week-end it's gonna be for them!

Nice sardines and anchovies are avaliable for the sporties with no new of squid this week.

Way Up North- Avila and Monterey
Rockfish, Red Snappers and some Whitefish.

Up North- Channel Islands
Rockfish, Red Snappers, Whitefish, and some Calicos.

LA Area- Catalina Island
I haven't heard of many boats venturing out but with the bite slowing down San Onofre way maybe some 3/4 day boats will try again.

Further South- San Clemente
Sorry I have little info on the island but I know the South Coast 6 packs hit it fairly often.

San Diego- Local and Offshore
Yellows, Yellows, Yellows for the 1/2 and 3/4 day boats!

LA Local
Yellows slowed down for the guys going on the southern cruise. ha ha SMB are looking at Sculpin, Whitefish while the guys south of Rocky Point are scratching for both bottom fish, barracuda, bonito, and lings.

JapanRon
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Southern California Saltwater Report 10/17-22 - by JapanRon - 10-17-2003, 03:28 AM