Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
hello all can anyone help me to try to get disabled fisherman and hunters free life time license
[size 2]I had a lot of family and friends over in Vietnam, many are dead now. Family and friends in ww2 most are dead now Friends and family over in the gulf war.

Many who have come back missing parts of their lives, a hand, foot, paralyzed from the waist down, nerves shot from chemicals and stresses of war.

They all had one thing in common, they all believed they went over to fight for the rights of all Americans, not just those who served during combat and came back disfigured maimed and disabled. When asked if they would go again knowing now what awaits them when they get back? Not a one of them hesitated to say they would be the first in line.

Don’t get me wrong. I believe disabled vets deserve allot more from our government that what they are giving. More so in the compensation for the quality of life (living standards) the government finds no problems paying for damages done to other countries, I believe they can afford to take care of its soldiers at arms. What we don’t need is one person who has more rights than any another.

If you don’t believe me go ask some one who is disabled from their service to our freedoms and rights as Americans. They went to the front lines because they believe not because they were looking for a free fishing license.

My great great great great great grandfather Capitan Robert Messer gave his life at the gallows prior to the war of independence to protect those who lead the proceedings of the Boston tea party, He could have turned on them at any time and gone free. He chose to pay the ultimate price with his life for a nation not yet born.

Of all the families who served during that time and received lands after that war of independence the Messer family received nothing in regards to composition for time served and life given. It was a mater of rights not the quest of fame and fortune that guided those soldered of yore,

Though I was not able to serve, it was not for lack willingness too. I served here at home and made sure what I built in the shops were the best quality product I could make so I could rest assured that I provided was the best possible tools for them that I could provide with my skills.

Remember life’s dangers lurk everywhere, not just on the battlefields. Many a friend has lost limb and life laboring in the shops.

It is Sad when some one gets drunk and runs over a kid (I have a brother and a sister who was run over by cars) But friend even those who served in the armed forces have committed the vary same crimes that those who have not served.

In Michigan if you are in the service and are on duty you do not need a fishing license to fish Michigan waters. It doesn’t matter if you are a resident or not. If you are on leave you may fish Michigan. This is not a right given to those in service but more a respite for those on leave seeking relaxation and time to remember what they are fighting for at home and abroad.

in short people do understand quite a bit for not have serving.[/size]

Messages In This Thread
Re: [Teroy] hello all can anyone help me to try to get disabled fisherman and hunters free life time license - by davetclown - 10-21-2003, 06:33 PM