Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Anybody Watching the World Series
We had a couple of pretty good threads going when the playoffs started, and then when the Cubs and BoSox were still in it, and then we even had a really good thread about curses, but then when the Sox blew it it pretty much took the wind out of the sails.

Normally I would root for the Marlins over the Evil Empire, but the Marlins aren't the great story that you would think they are. Seeing 64,000 fans all of a sudden show up even if half of them are Yankee fans is wrong. These people weren't rooting for the Marlins down the stretch when they were battling the Phillies for the wild card. Then they beat my Giants and I instantly started hating them.

So basically what you got is one team owned by the former Montreal Expos owner who ran that team into the ground playing in a stadium named after a sports apparel company that's been out of business for 2 years with 30,000+ fans that could of cared less about this team 2 weeks ago playing in it's second world series in as mayny times trying in a brief 11 year period. And their playing against the most shrewdest dispicable owner in sports who will pay twice the amount of payroll as the second highest paying team that wins championships at will.

Go Yankees
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Re: [fish4fish] Is Anybody Watching the World Series - by shewicker - 10-24-2003, 12:37 AM