Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IMPORTANT!!! If you hunt elk in Idaho
this is my personal belief and I'm probably going to catch some flack from you guys for it.

the problem i have is that even if you are Levi Morgan on the bow at 100 yards its not responsible to shoot that far at an animal with archery equipment. a lot can happen in the amount of time it takes for that arrow to get to that animal. deer and elk drop under shots at 20 yards from bows that shoot above 300 feet per second. how can you even be sure you hit the animal when shooting at 100 yards?( im sure im gonna get some sory from you. " I can see the arrow just fine.") the wind variables at that range are unpredictable the list could go on and on.

As far as your pass through at 75 yards......... its possible but not probable. it just sounds unbelievable. i have even read articles from engineers at goldtip who have said its next impossible to get a full pass through on an elk at 50 yards with an 80 lb draw on a bow shooting well over 300 feet per second. if you even nick a rib on the opposite side of the elk its not gonna pass through. to much energy was lost passing through the entrance side of the animal.

there is always going to be the people out there who push the limits even if it isn't responsible or ethical just because they want to be the mack daddy hunter taking animals at 100 yards with their bow especially with these newer archery shows with 3-d guys who are hunting. bombing arrows at animals 75 yards or more but its ok they have a disclaimer at the beginning of the show saying "these are professional archers. do not attempt these shots in the field. " the funny thing is on these shows I've been watching the only way they even know they hit the animal is by hoping the camera was zoomed in enough to tell or by getting up to where the animal was and finding a bloody arrow that i have never seen pass through at that range.

one of the reasons i sling arrows is to get close to my prey. to outsmart it in to responsible archery range.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Re: [wilcam47] IMPORTANT!!! If you hunt elk in Idaho - by chrome_junky - 07-18-2012, 10:02 PM