Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IMPORTANT!!! If you hunt elk in Idaho
[quote cattrapr]Like someone else said. Everyone has thier own perception of what is ethical. If you are proficient then shoot within your means. I have killed 27 animals with my bow and the closest was 46 and longest was 86. All were one shot kills. Im guessing it was not luck............. Still nobody that has been behind a bow that shoots 340 fps?????[/quote]

I think what you said is correct but one needs to know their limitations. I sat in a stand opening day with SF_Austin and had a dandy 135 ish white tail come up a trail 62 yards away and stand broadside for 15 seconds. We practice at distance much farther than this and i have seen him make this shot literally 1000s times on the foam. However the light was fading and he did not feel comfortable with the shot so at full draw SF_Austin let the buck walk. I am 90% confident he would have pounded that buck but that 10% of uncertainty is not worth the possibility of a wounding without recovery. PROPS FOR YOU AUNNIE

I am amazed that your closest kill on an animal is nearly 50 yards. I have shot 22 big game animals with my bow, only 2 in Idaho in my single hunting season here and the farthest has been at the 50 mark. Have you ever wounded an animal shooting at those distances?

My hunting rig (bowtech insanity) shoots just under 330. My prior rig was an omen pro shooting right in the 340s. I would love to shoot with you and see your pie plat groups at 140 yards. Lets hook up. I live in Rigby and have a few places to shoot. my number is 406-202-0887 my name is Devin Dahl. Hope to hear from you soon. Devin Dahl[reply]
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Re: [cattrapr] IMPORTANT!!! If you hunt elk in Idaho - by ddahl3 - 07-23-2012, 04:04 PM