Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IMPORTANT!!! If you hunt elk in Idaho
these long range hunting shows are absolutely a bad thing, imo. what a lot of people don't realize is there is usually a team of guys on these hunts. spotting, checking wind, ranging distance. the hunter most times is set up on the rifle. once all their data is confirmed multiple times, they'll adjust the turrets for the hunter and let them shoot. w/out that help, the shot could not be made. plus, these guys are doing it for a living. THATS ALL THEY DO! it's promoting and encouraging people to take risks that shouldn't be taken. what the hell ever happen to hunting, and when did a 3-400yd shot become "just a shot"? thats still a long poke in my mind. just because your $3000 sniper set up is capable of pin point accuracy, does NOT mean that you are. i wonder how many guys poking 800yds shots that think they missed, actually made a hit. critter may bolt out of sight. do you really think they are trekking over to find out? doubtful. and now they're selling and promoting smoke poles that'll shoot something like 700yds!! give me a break. ok, rant over.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Re: [SF_Austin] IMPORTANT!!! If you hunt elk in Idaho - by deepforks - 07-29-2012, 11:57 AM