Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yuba camping & water level
Hello. I grew up on the Gulf Coast in TX and I am an avid saltwater fisherman. I moved here a few years ago and am trying to get accustomed to freshwater fishing. I am heading to the Yuba for a week and will be taking my canoe with a trolling motor. My 5 year old daughter will be with me too. I like using artificial baits, what do you recommend on using for trolling behind my canoe or just throwing and retrieving to catch whatever species is in Yuba? Also, my 5 year old has a short attentian span for fishing, if I use worms or some sort of bait with a cork in some brushy areas, will that make it easy for her to catch a fish? Maybe a worm or some sort of bait on the bottom?

Also, I notice that there are salmon in that lake. Is this the wrong time of year for Salmon? What do you typically fish with to catch a salmon?

Any help would be much appreciated. I am heading there on Sept 5th for that entire week. I will be heading to Cabelas to get some spinners. But any other lure/bait suggestions would be much appreciated. What color of spinners/crank baits/ect typically works? In saltwater fishing, we would get a number of different colors and find the color that worked best that day but, there were a few colors that always worked. Some colors workes better than others on different days though. Is it like that while fishing for Pike and trout as well?
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Yuba camping & water level - by fishindaddy - 08-15-2012, 10:04 PM
Re: [HATH] Yuba camping & water level - by ocean - 08-16-2012, 04:29 AM
Re: [ocean] Yuba camping & water level - by jaybird2939 - 08-17-2012, 05:03 AM