Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yuba camping & water level
Sorry i have not gotten back to you sooner but i had a tooth extraction that was complicated and i have been in lala land because of the pain medication.I too am an avid salt water fisherman been here for 15 years takes a while to get used to the fishing here and it is fun once you get it down.As for pike fishing at yuba its really easy bait fishing is the easiest way to catch them i have a 2 pole permit so i dunk a bait while i jig.I rig my bait a special way that works for me and my freinds i will post a pic of it later.Pike seem to be most active between 1-5 pm thats when most fish have been caught weird. As for jigs i mostly use spoons like others have stated before perch patterns and fire tiger colors work the best. I have also had luck with red and white colors like dare devil spoons.As for plastics i look for closeout specials at sportsmans or cabelas that way when they get destroyed its not a big loss.As for your kid take plenty of worms and a bobber and that will your kid entertained probably keep you busy to unhooking carp.PM me as it gets closerto sept the fishing will get better and maybe i can give you more info.by the way fresh bait works better than the frozen stuff but if you do go the frozen route use anchovies they seem to work better.Also if you let me know a day before you go i can get you some fresh chubs .
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Yuba camping & water level - by fishindaddy - 08-15-2012, 10:04 PM
Re: [HATH] Yuba camping & water level - by ocean - 08-16-2012, 04:29 AM
Re: [jaybird2939] Yuba camping & water level - by ocean - 08-18-2012, 11:13 PM