Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yuba camping & water level
Dude you just brought back memories from kingfishing! Yes pike have teeth not quite like a kingfish but they will do some damage to your fingers. I do use a wire leader and they are not like kings they dont seem bothered by wire also the bigger ones seem to be more aggresive if the lures have great action. As for line and rods i pretty much fish 8 to 12lb test you really dont have to worry about line capacity here in utah especially if you are jigging.I know what you mean about fishing light line i used to love catching A.J.s and kings on 8lb and10 lb test that really tests your fishing skills.[:p] its kinda hard to compare a pike to a redfish permit or crevalle they dont fight that hard but they seem to fight more like a 5lb mangrove .Dont get me wrong mangroves fight hard especially on 10lb test .You will have to experience it for your self .When you go to cabelas look around really good because they are getting rid of a lot of big lures dirt cheap.I found the 12 inch yum lures that were 9.99 on sale for 2.99 so look good they do have great deals. By the way if you havent noticed by my screen name i am ocean fisherman .Fished miami most of my life till i moved here 15 years ago.Too bad the walleyes are not abundant in yuba like they weere when i first moved here they were fun to hunt.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Yuba camping & water level - by fishindaddy - 08-15-2012, 10:04 PM
Re: [HATH] Yuba camping & water level - by ocean - 08-16-2012, 04:29 AM
Re: [jaybird2939] Yuba camping & water level - by ocean - 08-20-2012, 04:44 AM