Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lindon Interlude 10-2-12
[cool][#0000ff]Fellow tuber/tooner high_n_dry joined TubeBabe and my ownself at Lindon (UL) this morning for his introduction to the bubbleup. I think it went well. [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]7 am launch with 50 degree air temp and 64 degree water temp...ON OCTOBER 2. All right! Water warmed up to 67 by 1ish when we bagged it. That's an ideal temperature range for most species in Utah Lake and they did come out to play...sorta.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I was the first to the bubbleup...with TB and HND coming along more slowly...dragging bait to try to find early kitties. TubeBabe scored the first 20 inch plus channel while I was messin' around with some dink white bass along the buoy line. They were sparse and scattered. No ravenous schools. And the active fish were close to the top...not near the bottom as per usual. I got them figured out enough to catch a few and to direct the straggling anglers to the pattern.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I pitched out a minnow on one rod and tried to find something besides white bass on plastics. No walleyes but I did get a misguided mudder. Had a couple of tentative inquiries on the minnow before sticking a 20 inch channel. TB and I decided we would keep a few cats for the smoker...since her son just cleaned out my stash.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]The previously quiet fishing for white bass turned to dead silence. So I rigged two rods with bait and moved out into deeper water...looking for a larger kitty to bend my stick and stretch my string. Had several worthy runners and temporary hookups but no more cats in the basket. About halfway back to the harbor I put my second cat in the basket. Then a couple more within a short distance. Then a long dry spell.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Both TB and HND had stayed in shallower water...3 to 4 feet deep. TB had 5 cats and HND had one nice one and had "farmed" a couple more. Both of them also had a couple of mudders. But after about 11:30 there was no kitty love for any of us. They must have taken an early lunch.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]We decided to motor over to the mouth of Battle Creek and see if anything was shakin' there. I picked up a couple more white bass in the shallow water and TubeBabe added another kitty to her total. Then the SW breeze acted like it might want to play with us so we all headed for the ramp.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]The only boaters we saw were just launching their mega craft as we were beaching our craft. No power squadron and no wind today. Gotta love it.[/#0000ff]
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Lindon Interlude 10-2-12 - by TubeDude - 10-03-2012, 12:51 AM