Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Berry BEST for Last (Sunday)
this year only two times counting this last trip. Last year probably 5 to 7 days in the summer and a couple days in the fall. We can't go 3 to 4 times a week like those guys ur mentioning but we've always gone pretty often up untill this year.

I'm just telling u guys the facts... if u don't wanna take my word, take my dads. He's almost 60 years old and has fished strawberry since the year it was made when there used to be 2 seperate dams.

Simply put, we get similar results catch wise now except the bows are significantly smaller. If u know any of these people personally tell them to post pictures of 24 inch rainbows they catch out of there...Heck, i'll even be impressed with 20 inches. They are a thing in the past.

It's hard to catch them now. Tube Dude said that there's more rainbows in there now then their used to be...the only possible ways we aren't catching as many big ones any more is that either there's so many of the 13-16 inchers that we can't get to the big ones OR like I suspect, the numbers are much scarcer.

I actually read fish stocking schedules and last year I read it and it said they put in close to 1,000 18 inch rainbows. I made a joke to my dad that now days the dwr has to plant 18 inch rainbows for them to actually be them in the lake.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Re: [TyeDyeTwins] The Berry BEST for Last (Sunday) - by FishingLunatic - 10-10-2012, 08:40 PM