Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Berry BEST for Last (Sunday)
[cool][#0000ff]I have tried a bunch of different variations...using slightly different body materials and different colors of marabou. Myself and a few other users seem to agree that the "root beer" color works best on most of these patterns. But there is a rusty orange that sometimes lights them up too.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]No, I don't fish the Berry as I used to. But I have secret agents who help me test new flavors there and they say good things about the copper. It has also shown good results in some other waters. Ditto for some white patterns. And black.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Being an accomplished fly tyer yourself I am sure you notice there are differences in the colors you buy. The same labeled feathers...from the same supplier...can be slightly different shades of color from one batch to the next. Not sure it makes that much difference to the fish but it sometimes does to finicky fly flingers.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]In the long run I suspect that proper depth and presentation is more important than an exact color match.[/#0000ff]
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Re: [flygoddess] The Berry BEST for Last (Sunday) - by TubeDude - 10-10-2012, 09:00 PM