Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
a letter of testimonial, our troups are indeed suported by every one....
When I came back from Saudi in 92 it was the same thing. Came in on military flight to Homestead. But I was delayed getting back from Florida to Calif. So I was allowed to take civillian flights to Calif, but no direct flight.

I ended up in Texas tired and just wanting to get home. Flight was delayed over and over again due to severe weather plus they over sold flight.

I was sitting there in my dress blues talking to my soon to be wife on the phone telling her I would be home soon and some guy over heard me and we starting talking.

His seat was confirmed, 1st class. He took my normal ticket and gave me his and said get home.

I said I couldn't do that, but I appreciated it. He said I know how you feel, raised his sleeve and showed his USMC tatoo with TD of Korea dates.

So after a handshake and a salute he then walked away with my ticket and I got a 1st class ride home and 1st class treatment.

Very cool individual.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Re: [davetclown] a letter of testimonial, our troups are indeed suported by every one.... - by releaseit - 11-11-2003, 02:16 AM