Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard and Utah Lake
Hey thanks. WOW!! I didn't think this thread was going to make so many people upset!? Isn't this website suppose to be a useful tool to help others fish? The reason why I decided to join this site is to let people know where to fish and updates on how the conditions are. I recently moved back here from New York City and haven't fished for over 15 years. It was very frustrating not knowing where to go, what jig to use, what time of day and etc.. I was tired of fishing at the local community pond and catching mainly trout (nothing against trout, I fly fish also). So I worked tremendously hard talking and networking with random people about places to fish and how. In the process, I have met a lot of great people and discovered a lot of great places to fish at. Since I had such a great year last year, I wanted to share the "wealth" for those who are/or experiencing that same frustration I did. Isn't fishing suppose to be fun? I also fish to survive. My family and I love to eat fish! I'm the type of person who is willing to share info and not hoarde it. If you want to see what type of jig I'm using? I'm the type that will give you one. So I'm sorry to all the upset people. Being mad will not make the day better, but if it makes you happy being Angry; then have it. I understand people have their "secret fishing holes." But I don't consider the inlet one (or is it)? Anyhow, here's my update for the day 3/18: Willard Bay Inlet--I got SKUNKED!! My friend once said "That's why it's called fishing, NOT catching." But there were at least 4 other guys that left home with 4 eyes on their stringers. There was a gentleman with his father who caught probably at least 10 between the two of them. They only kept 6. I did see everyone unintentionally snag some, but they would all release them. I did have one on the line, but it slipped off. But seriously, I think I was the only person there today that did not catch one. If you were there fishing today, you would know who I am because it was that obvious. Everyone was catching them! Another advice is to bring plenty of jigs/lures. The snags are endless. I lost at least 15 jigs today. No joke.. it's going to be an expensive year lol. I got there around 11 AM and left at 7:45 PM. There were about 15 people fishing when I left. If I go again tomorrow, I will post another update.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Willard and Utah Lake - by Gumbyk - 03-18-2013, 04:09 AM
Re: [Gumbyk] Willard and Utah Lake - by toadly - 03-18-2013, 01:05 PM
Re: [toadly] Willard and Utah Lake - by raghorn4 - 03-18-2013, 01:54 PM
Re: [raghorn4] Willard and Utah Lake - by toadly - 03-18-2013, 02:00 PM
Re: [toadly] Willard and Utah Lake - by raghorn4 - 03-18-2013, 02:05 PM
Re: [TubeDude] Willard and Utah Lake - by hatucat - 03-18-2013, 07:32 PM
Re: [Gumbyk] Willard and Utah Lake - by Fishrmn - 03-18-2013, 07:50 PM
Re: [TubeDude] Willard and Utah Lake - by toadly - 03-18-2013, 02:58 PM
Re: [Gumbyk] Willard and Utah Lake - by hatucat - 03-18-2013, 09:51 PM
Re: [TyeDyeTwins] Willard and Utah Lake - by Gumbyk - 03-19-2013, 05:50 AM