Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Killin a couple hours on the Jordan River
Ya no problem [cool]. Ya it's scary when random stuff pop out of know where. Last time I was fishing by my self and out of the trees their were a few deer just jumping around then my pole almost went into the river and in the end I caught a fish ha ha ha [crazy].

For catfish I use white bass meat and worms. Haven't use shrimp and chicken liver in a long time on the river.
Usually when I'm fishing the river I just grab some worm on a #2 hook and 1 oz weigh with about 1-3 ft of slack from the hook to the weight. As well sometimes spray some crawdad scent to catch the fish.

Basically fishing is good only for carp and suckers. If your lucky you might catch a walleye or a catfish like you did. About 2-3 weeks the white bass will be out and active like crazy. Wait till June for bass if you know where they like to hide.

When you see white bass go crazy. Keep some and use them as bait right away make sure its dead not alive ha ha ha. I personally use a 1" X 1" or just 1/2" X 1/2". If your in some deep poles toss a nice 3-4" piece. Might end up catching a monster catfish.

Let's all hope the water levels will go up because right now it's low and slow. I'm so tempted to find the mother load jumbo carp that snapped my line last year after the bell flop it did. Looks like this year their shall be some new line upgrade. [pirate]

Get off the coach as much as you can and enjoy the great out doors. [cool]
I'm just happy that I can't stand being inside for a long time so time and time again there will be Jordan river trips.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Re: [ProfessorChaos] Killin a couple hours on the Jordan River - by Flyfishinglover - 03-20-2013, 04:54 AM