Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Killin a couple hours on the Jordan River
I will admit, if you haven't already noticed, that I'm not very familiar with the JR. I've fished down by the pump house several times and done well with whole shrimp on size 2 and big egg sinker. Haha today I was floating that worm on a number 6 and one of the smallest split shots I own... adding to my surprise when I got the cat.
As much as people talk about how much fun the river can be I thought I'd give it a fair shot. I know there's not much likelihood of a wall hanger coming in, but catchin fish is fun no matter how big they get. Though I will admit you won't find pictures of me standing next to 12 small trout, hahaha.
I was also surprised at the water level and clarity. Probably the first time I've seen the bottom of that river!
Just a side note... My buddy lives by Thanksgiving Point-ish. He knows virtually nothing about river fishing and he caught a bunch of those yellow belly cats about 100 yards from his back yard. I was kinda hoping I'd get into those, but maybe as far north as I was? I dunno.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Re: [Flyfishinglover] Killin a couple hours on the Jordan River - by ProfessorChaos - 03-20-2013, 05:32 AM