Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lindon Updates 3-27-13
[#0000FF][cool]I hit Lindon for a while this morning. Had heard there were some wallies being taken along the outside rocks along the dikes. Although that was confirmed by the new manager (Danny) later, they were not around this morning. Full moon last night and 43 degree water this morning. Good enough excuse for me. I'm easy.

Launched about 7ish. Air temp 34 and water temp both inside the harbor and outside in the lake were only 43. TDC. Lake is still rising due to the flow being shut off at the pumphouse. Harbor almost 6 feet deep in places now.

Got excited as I cruised out of the channel and saw some splashing next to the rocks. Walleyes? Nope. Feathery walleyes...coots. And they wouldn't hit jigs neither.

Electric motored down to the bubbleup. Again, hoping for toothy critters...in vain. But there were a few whities that were willing to play. Got quite a few 10 to 12 inchers. Nothing bigger today. Also got some dinkster 8s.

There was a pretty good flow from the pipe today. See the attached pic. Only one buoy out at the end of the pipe but easy to track the location by watching the boils on the surface.

No big schools of whities today. Just like last trip. One here and one there. No doubles and not even more than one in a row. Few and scattered.

I tried working bigger plastics and some cranks. Nada, zip, zilch, zero. Good exercise though.

White bass bite shut down about 9...as has been customary on the last few trips. So I started dragging a minnow on one rod and a piece of carp meat on a second rod. Caught one white bass on a minnow and had several "pop and drops" on the carp meat that I suspect were white bass too. No cats came calling today.

Didn't see any boats come out of the harbor today and only a handfull of bank tanglers. Didn't see any of them catch anything. I worked around inside the harbor a bit...bouncing jigs off the bottom while watching TV (sonar). Saw very few fishy marks inside the harbor. But I did get a few light hits and did land one "Harbor Whitie" . Small stuff.

As I was packing up my gear, Danny came down to chat with me. He is now the manager and Mark (the former owner) is gone. New owner plans some upgrades soon.

Danny also advised that the street access coming in on Vineyard Road from the north with be completely shut off April 1. Only access to Lindon Harbor will be coming in the back way off Geneva Road onto Vinyard road from the south. He was told that it would be closed until about May 1.

As previously mentioned, Danny advised that some bank tanglers have been getting a few walleyes at night off the outside edge of the west dike. Lots of rocky rubble there to get them excited.

Once the weather stabilizes and water temps come back up the fishing for all species should improve.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Lindon Updates 3-27-13 - by TubeDude - 03-27-2013, 08:45 PM
Re: [utahpunk] Lindon Updates 3-27-13 - by Fische - 03-28-2013, 04:47 PM