Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lindon Updates 3-27-13
[#0000FF][cool]Truth is that I really had little expectation of catching any walleyes at the bubbleup. They sometimes show up for a prespawn session...in years when there is no ice in February. And they are usually around for good post spawn fishing. But when they head for the flows or the rocks for spawning the bubbleup is seldom the best place to get them.

My primary target was catfish. Got a new smoker I want to try out. I caught my first cat in early March last year...when the water was only 38 degrees. But I didn't really start getting any numbers until after the first of April when water temps were going over the 50 degree mark. I did catch a single (unwed) kitty last week at Lincoln Beach...in water about the same temp as yesterday at Lindon. But it is always a search this time of year. They can be sulking in deeper water or moving into very shallow water to get the benefits of sun-warmed temps in late afternoons.

I too am surprised they aren't letting any water out of the gates at the pumphouse. I was unable to talk to anybody (on a Sunday) when I took those pics a couple of weeks ago of the dike across the river. So I don't know exactly what they are doing or how long they will keep the water shut off.

As you recall, they dumped a lot of water at the end of last year before beginning the project and that left the lake low. I am glad to see it coming back up and I hope they don't drop it that low again. Not good for the fishies...or the fisherpersons.

Most years there is at least one gate open by the first of March and the full contact fishing for walleyes sessions are in full swing...literally.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Lindon Updates 3-27-13 - by TubeDude - 03-27-2013, 08:45 PM
Re: [fish_fear_me2] Lindon Updates 3-27-13 - by TubeDude - 03-28-2013, 12:25 PM
Re: [utahpunk] Lindon Updates 3-27-13 - by Fische - 03-28-2013, 04:47 PM