Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lindon Updates 3-27-13
[#0000FF][cool]Hey, I'm an old Idaho farm boy myself. Learned how to make do with whatcha got. But my dad was an electrical contractor and I got schooled in playing with various tools and materials in general construction. I don't have an engineering degree...which can sometimes be a handicap...but I do have a pretty good mechanical aptitude.

I first started "decorating" my old round float tubes back in the 1970s. In those days the tubes had very few D rings and/or pockets. I had to lash my earliest rod holders down with some kind of ropes. And some of my earliest multi-rod holders were made with a combination of wood and PVC pipe.

My first "fish finder" was an early model flasher that I just sat on top of my round tube...and had to be careful not to knock it in the water. The 12 volt battery was made from wiring two 6 volt lantern batteries in series. They were heavy and did not last very long. Then I went through a few 12 volt motorcycle batteries...with the danger for acid spills and not being designed for deep cycle.

Thankfully, modern tubes have more D rings, better materials and better designs. And sonars and batteries have advanced greatly in functions and technology. Along with all that I have become more skilled in fabricating goodies from PVC so that I can fashion almost anything I need...or to meet the whims of fellow tubers and tooners.

Yeah, life is much better in Tuberville these days.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Lindon Updates 3-27-13 - by TubeDude - 03-27-2013, 08:45 PM
Re: [SkunkedAgain] Lindon Updates 3-27-13 - by TubeDude - 03-28-2013, 03:20 PM
Re: [utahpunk] Lindon Updates 3-27-13 - by Fische - 03-28-2013, 04:47 PM