Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interesting week on the Jordan
I drive by a little offlet of the Jordan River every day on my way to and from work. With the (somewhat) nice weather we've had recently, I figured I'd stop and throw a spinner. I stopped by every day Tuesday-Friday this week from about 5:30 pm to about 6:00 pm. I could only stay about a half hour each day because "the traffic was bad" excuse is a sacred lie to the girlfriend that I couldn't take advantage of.[Image: happy.gif]

The water is pretty slow at the spot I've seen and I figured I could probably catch a white bass or two.

Day 1, Tuesday: I went with my old trusty favorite, silver Blue Fox. After about 10 minutes I hooked up. Brought in my first Largemouth ever.[Image: image.gif] I fished another few minutes and didn't have any more bites.

Day 2, Wednesday: Back to my same spot, same time. I threw the silver Blue Fox for a few minutes and decided to try a gold one and after a few casts a hooked onto something HUGE. I was stoked, I knew it was either a big Bass or Walleye. I fought it for a good 5-10 minutes before I got it in. [Image: image.gif] A beautiful Golden Tarpon. I was surprised and disappointed (with a spinner). It was a good fight, and funny enough some guy was walking by with his dog as I was reeling it in and I got him to snap the picture for me. Again fished a few more minutes with no luck, and headed home.

Day 3, Thursday: Same spot, same time. I started again with the gold Blue Fox. This time, on my second cast, I hooked up. I got it in. It was another decent sized Largemouth.[Image: image.gif] This one was a little smaller than the one I caught Tuesday, but the colors were a lot brighter. I knew then, after 2 bass in 3 days, i was a professional bass fisherman. [Wink] Again fished a little while alonger to no avail.

Day 4, Friday, The final chapter: Same spot, same time. I was fishing for a bit with the gold Blue Fox with no luck. After about 20 minutes I was about ready to get my Friday night started, and then it happened... Again something big. I didn't know what to think this time. I now had 3 ideas of what it was. Big bass, good sized Walleye, or fat Carp. None of the above. [Image: image.gif] It was the biggest Catfish I have caught so far. I didn't have a tape measure or scale, but it was big. The SOUTH will rise again.[laugh]

I was excited to not only catch my first Largemouth, but a big Carp, and my biggest Catfish to date (both on a spinner).

I'm sorry if the pictues didn't turn out the way I wanted. I'm going to repost them down here just in case.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Interesting week on the Jordan - by FishMcFisherson - 04-06-2013, 08:02 AM