Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2013 Spring Turkey Contest
I haven't fired a shot yet. I saw several toms the evening before the opener where we had permission to hunt, but also saw another hunter walking along the brushline calling and I knew he didn't have permission to hunt the ground. I got in and set up just at day break, shortly after I started hearing some gobbles. I started calling and they headed my way, then I heard another hunter start calling and that must have been too much as they turned and headed away from us. We went back and set up that evening in my Primos blind in the high winds and some rain, no luck.Yesterday morning clear and cold still no turkey sounds. Called it quits at 10 or so and headed back to camp, packed up and headed home until Friday when I can head back down for another try. We didn't see much sign of turkeys in the area we have been hunting for the past few years, very few tracks and just a few gobbles the first morning, I know there are at least two toms there someplace, just need to have it all come together. I left my rig down there where I was hunting until next weekend, my friend who is a police officer there sent me a picture of it this morning with more snow on the way. [:/]
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
2013 Spring Turkey Contest - by TheGrovBone - 04-11-2013, 09:08 AM
Re: [PACKFAN] 2013 Spring Turkey Contest - by PACKFAN - 04-15-2013, 05:37 PM