Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
50 fish day on the weber
so last week i was thinking do i take the tube out or go hit the weber. i was going on sat. well sat came and i was up at 4am. still thinking witch one i wanted to do. well, i didnt get to inflate my tube (i like to inflate it 3 days before use to make sure of no holes are in it) so i went to the weber. got there at 7am. got out of the truck and a bald eagle was there watching me. beautiful bird to see. started fishing my first spot and a great start. by 730 i already had 10. 7 browns and 3 whites. nothing big but a nice 17" white. started working my way upstream. i got about 4 or 5 more till my next spot. the fish today were hungry. i got another 14 or 15 in this hole. the fish were 14"to 17" all browns no whites from this hole. by 930 i was already up past 25 and was feeling great.after about 45 min in that hole i moved on.now this is where my day started to slow down. from there till i turned around i only got about another 10.my planwas to fish to a spot that i fished before that was one fire last time but it wasnt today. only 1 out of that sot. here it was about 12 and i started working my way back when i hit this one hole that was on fire. i pulled out 20 in this spot. i was getting a fish almost every 5 cast. most fish were from 15" to 18" with a few 12" to 14". all browns but 4 where whities. i just couldnt keep them off and i was loving it.after an hr in that hole i moved on. from there to my next spot i picked up another 4. then i hit this one hole that was great. i was looking at it and said i just knew something big was in there.and i was right my second fish was big. i saw it jump in the air and i was excited. but when i got off the rock i was on the water turned black and i said thats not good. and it was not good. lost that fish. i keeped fishing this spot and after 3 more fish it was on again.that fish was back.i was determend not to lose it. i ended up chasing it down stream about a half a city block and landed it. a beautiful 20". took a picof it and went back to that spot. and startedfishing it again. after about 5 mins there i looked for my phone to check the time and thats when my day went to hell. my phone was gone. i went back to where i landed that fish to look for it but no luck it was gone. i looked for about 2 hrs in a spot that was only about 20 yards long with no luck. crap it must have fell out in the water i guess. after that i decided to call it a day. a great great day till i lost my phone. best time on that river since last november.fly of the day was a a green caddis with a sow bug dropper.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
50 fish day on the weber - by southernbass - 04-30-2013, 01:43 AM