Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Smoking hot muskie fishing for one, big setback for tiger muskie anglers.
It is Sad to see, for many reasons.

But I wanted to comment on a few things. For one thing, think back and pretend you are in charge of this muskie program. Do you recommend the ponds be fenced? Do you advise no fishing signs be put up? Do you consider making it illegal to fish the ponds? Do you change (add) the regulation for true muskie in the Utah fishing regs?

Looking back now it's easy to say you would have suggested all of these things and taken steps to prevent what happened recently. But I am not so sure I personally would have done any of those things. What I am getting at is that its easy to second guess now but sometimes you have to learn the hard way. In the future hopefully there will be no fishing signs, fences, regulations etc.... but let's not be naive and pretend that would prevent this completely. It would make it easier to penalize someone after the fact. But in most cases when people do stuff like this they don't get caught? This was a rare case where the guy basically turned himself in?

The idiots and morons who don't care about the law, will trespass, cut fences, jump fences, rip nets, take down signs, ignore signs, and fish anyways.... You can make it harder or riskier for them to do but the fact is this type of thing will still happen or could still happen.

It's just too bad that someone did this. Really sounds like it will hurt the Tiger Muskie fishing in the future...
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Re: [Jazzperch1] Smoking hot muskie fishing for one, big setback for tiger muskie anglers. - by Gemcityslayer - 07-02-2013, 06:20 PM