Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jordanelle Perch Search 7-15-13
Nice report Pat. After our last conversation I spent a few hours on Saturday at Starvation searching for perch in Saluratus. I drug carwlers through the weeds and all over that bay for several hours with never a single perch bite. I did pick up quite a few walleyes, even some nicer 18 - 19 inchers and alot of under footers in shallow weeds but no perch. Talked to quite a few people fishing in the area that day as well and only one had caught a single small perch in the weeds in about 15 fow.
Definitely something strange going on at Starvation this year with the perch. Either they died out like you heard reports of or they are acting very different than they ever have before. I'm hoping to have a little time next month to take a look for them and see if I can find those schools in the deep water again and confirm what they are. I'm hoping that they haven't had a disease issue or something that caused them to crash as the walleye are in the best condition I've ever seen them in there and don't want to see them get skinny again like they were a few years ago.
[signature]
Sunrise on the water

Messages In This Thread
Jordanelle Perch Search 7-15-13 - by TubeDude - 07-16-2013, 07:50 PM
Re: [TubeDude] Jordanelle Perch Search 7-15-13 - by WET1 - 07-16-2013, 08:45 PM