Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jordanelle Perch Search 7-15-13
*edit* I took a 30 minute break between writing this post and actually posting it -- TD pretty much summed it up a whole crap load better than me.

Shane, I'm with you... Kinda. I don't think there is a snowballs chance that they will tell boaters, who I imagine make up the majority of their summer $$$, that they can't come play on a Saturday. I can almost smell the outrage from here. I do support a noise pollution ticket though, and frankly, I can't believe it hasn't been done yet.

I had my wife and two little girls up at Strawberry last week and we were fortunate enough to get to watch/listen to a wakeboard boat blast some of the most horrid gangsta' rap imaginable. It was so loud it was as if it was coming from a boom box right next to us on the shore. F-word every five seconds, talkin' about gettin' bishes, smoking weed, etc. (so, essentially exactly what my friends and I talk about when we go fishing [blush]) Not really what I want my five year old to be listening to, not to mention my Molly Mo wife who wanted to swim out to their boat and break their balls. To top it off, when the music was off or turned down, we got to hear them yelling and swearing at each other with just as much gusto as the rappers.

You can't act like that in a public park or a mall or anywhere, really, so why is it OK on the lake? Like I said, I can't believe that there isn't something on the books already. That makes me think that maybe there are real reasons as to why it's not on the books. I can't think of anything, to be honest, but I dunno. Can anyone here give me a real reason why a law couldn't be passed to keep the loud and/or offensive music/behavior off the lakes? Or have I just become my old man, who stands out in his front yard and yells at the neighborhood kids to GET OFF HIS LAWN!?
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Jordanelle Perch Search 7-15-13 - by TubeDude - 07-16-2013, 07:50 PM
Re: [SBennett] Jordanelle Perch Search 7-15-13 - by TroutBumDave - 07-18-2013, 02:50 PM