Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Foul hooked State Record Trout
[cool] From what I've learned in the past, any hatchery pets are just mush bellies anyway. I have eaten hatchery pets only a few times in my life and the taste was not pleasant. I even used some our own OFRs (old family recipies).

When I went to AZ with TD, I found out something different about their hatchery pets. The belly area of them was rather firm and the meat was more of a pink color. So close to natural. We kept a few and had them for breakfast. Yummmmmy.

Now back to the subject. How would a big old mushbelly look mounted on the wall?? I would prefer something that has all of it's fins and all of it's dignity.

What do you think they would do in the case of a C&R type of guy?? Say for example I catch the "Big One" over there. They take down all my info, weigh and measure the fish, then I release it. Then you come up in an hour or so and catch the same fish are you now the new State Record hoder??

I strongly feel that these monster fish caught at pay to play lakes(since they are not DFG regulated) should not participate in the CA DFG record books.

The records belong to licensed individuals fishing by the rules in State regulated waters, following the State rules.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Foul hooked State Record Trout - by theangler - 12-03-2003, 12:10 AM
Re: [JapanRon] Foul hooked State Record Trout - by tubeN2 - 12-04-2003, 04:44 PM