Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dreary Deer Creek 9-10-13
Masterdaad hit on a good topwater bite upthere several weeks ago, which I have been taking advantage of for the past two Saturdays. It has been pretty consistent, even when the power squadron gets going. They do make it difficult to move out into deeper water and work slow the way you do with your tube. The big red Skeeter tends to be wave tossed more that a tube. Still, it has been lots of fun. Been using both Pop R's and small Zara Spooks. The smaller Sammy's would be great, just can't bring myself to pay 15 bucks for one !!

Regarding keeping SMB !! I am about as protective of the SMB and LMB populations as anyone, but keeping some of those under footers is good for the system. The 12 and overs are the ones that we need to protect and release. All of our waters with SMB are over populated with small 8-10 inch fish that need to be harvested for the good of the fishery !! Besides, they really taste great on the table !!

WATCH OUT FOR THE BIG RED SKEETER !!!!

PS: No pics, everyone knows, I hope what a 8" SMB looks like !!

PPS: Those were the days TD. You need to drag out that pic of the day where you had 4 browns, 3-4 walleye, and a dozen or more jumbo perch. Make everyone drool !!!

Messages In This Thread
Dreary Deer Creek 9-10-13 - by TubeDude - 09-10-2013, 08:40 PM
Re: [TubeDude] Dreary Deer Creek 9-10-13 - by Therapist - 09-11-2013, 04:50 PM