Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fall's fell at Starvy 10-2-13
[#0000FF]Willard is definitely one of my fall faves...even in low water...especially in low water as a float tuber. There have been several years in the past when I have been about the only person on the lake...and catching fish too. I generally even catch cats clear up until the bitter (cold) end...and right after iceout in February or March.

I know the humps, bumps and holes between the north marina and the dikes pretty well...and I can usually find a few fish and figure out a pattern. It's great to get some quiet time on the lake without being run over by idiots or being forced to "enjoy" their high decibel "music" at close range.

Willard usually remains tubeable until some time in December...depending on Mama Nature. I have been the last floater on the lake...before iceup...on many years. I even hit it on Christmas morning one year...inside the south marina. Ice was just starting to cover the channel and parts of the lake. I didn't get much but I did score one nice walleye. Merry Christmas to me.

[inline "ICE EDGE WALLIE.jpg"]

[/#0000FF]
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Fall's fell at Starvy 10-2-13 - by TubeDude - 10-02-2013, 10:21 PM
Re: [SkunkedAgain] Fall's fell at Starvy 10-2-13 - by TubeDude - 10-04-2013, 05:13 PM