Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Salubrious Starvation Saturday 10-26-13
[#0000FF]Thanks for the immoral support. The boils at Powell do become popular with the striper-crazed crazies. Sometimes even worse at Willard when the wipers are gettin' busy on shad. I have witnessed some truly epic incidents of idiots running wide open right into a boil being worked by other boats...from the proper distance.

And by the way, the 150 foot proximity law applies only to boats going over wakeless speed. If you are idling in or running on your electrics you can virtually broadside another craft without being in violation...of anything except sportsmanship and common sense. Of course you are liable if you cause any damage.

I have had guys literally bump the side of my float tube while they trolled by at Deer Creek and at Willard. They try to pretend I am not there. Then they get all hyper when I take their picture. When they ask what I am doing I simply say "I am publishing a book on &%$#@&^s in the wild. This picture is for the cover." The most common reply is "Quit yer cryin'...you don't own the lake." As if they did.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Re: [fishday] Salubrious Starvation Saturday 10-26-13 - by TubeDude - 10-27-2013, 05:22 PM