Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Humpy Hallowindy 11-1-13
[#0000FF]Cute? Bait? Well...maybe so. Starvation is a walleye factory and there always seem to be a lot of "smalleyes". But many of them do grow into bigger ones. I usually catch more of the smaller ones because they tend to hang with the perch and feed on the same invertebrate goodies. But there are some hefty ones in the lake. Heard of quite a few 25 inch plus fish this past year. It just takes fishing in the right place at the right time...with bigger offerings. The bigguns are meat eaters and usually don't hit the smaller jigs I typically use.

Surprised you haven't been hitting Utah Lake this fall. My sources tell me there have been a lot of big wallies coming in at the "usual places". Several in the 30 inch category.

White bass have definitely been missing in action this year. I have had a few trips...mostly around the bubbleup...when I got a half dozen or so. Certainly a lot less than any of the past few years. With the low water situation I doubt there will be much of an ice fishing season on Utah Lake. Maybe at a few deeper spots. Almost certainly not inside the harbors where there is very shallow water. There have been cycles in the past though, and white bass are so prolific that as soon as conditions improve they come back quickly.

Thanks for your kindly comments on my posts. I always value positive input from you. I'll try to get in some more research and lab work so that I can dazzle you further.

I heard you met one of our mutual friends at a favorite minnow hole. Glad to see that one is coming back a bit. I stopped in there on the way back from California in May and it was almost dry. Couldn't see any chubs but I did get lots of bites...from a cloud of starving mosquitoes. Much better a couple of weeks ago, just before you hit it.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Humpy Hallowindy 11-1-13 - by TubeDude - 11-01-2013, 09:22 PM
Re: [Fin-S-Fish] Humpy Hallowindy 11-1-13 - by TubeDude - 11-05-2013, 12:42 PM