Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Utah Lake Abyss 2-1-13
Wow, that spring hole is really cool, I've never seen anything like that! Next year I'd like to learn to fish UT lake beings as everything I catch in the Jordan River near me comes from there. I Got to either get me a motor for my float tube or talk my dad into taking out the boat so I can cover a decent distance on the lake and learn the depth of various places, structure, and just in general where the best fishing is. Last year the 1 time I went ended in utter disaster.

Long story short: my friend and I went there for the first time not knowing anything about the lake. He gets the tube that pumps air into my float tube stuck in his float tube(don't ask me how). We spend hours trying to get it unstuck and I was about to just say screw it and give fishing a shot off of the bank when all the sudden he gets the plug tube unstuck. We head out on our tubes and both nearly fell on our faces LOL! I knew Utah Lake was shallow but I was expecting it to be at least 2 or 3 feet deep where we were. It was so shallow that we could barely walk(and it was in that disgusting stinky sink mud) and it took forever to get out deep enough because of the poor walking conditions. We had to walk out at least 100 yards before it was deeper than than like 5 inches and and probably 100 or 200 more yards before it was like 4 or 5 feet deep.

Luckily I didn't get skunked and got me a whitie but we didn't stay for very long because by then it wasn't early, the fishing was slow, it was hot, and we were both hungry and grumpy lol. It was one of those it sucked at the time but its fun to rethink about moments. But yeah, I need to learn that lake better because I also see your posts and how it treats you very well. Thanks for sharing your trip.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Utah Lake Abyss 2-1-13 - by TubeDude - 02-02-2013, 01:03 PM
Re: [TubeDude] Utah Lake Abyss 2-1-13 - by FishingLunatic - 01-01-2014, 01:49 PM
Re: [TubeDude] Utah Lake Abyss 2-1-13 - by BigEZ - 01-02-2014, 07:45 PM
Re: [BigEZ] Utah Lake Abyss 2-1-13 - by TubeDude - 01-02-2014, 09:49 PM