Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Utah Lake Abyss 2-1-13
[#0000FF]The Knolls. Last I heard there were still amiable talks going on between DWR and the landowners...along with Utah County commissioners and other parties...to work out mutual agreements for getting the Knolls restored to public access...with some really nice improvements. But when so many agencies and individuals are involved...with attorneys...the wheels grind slowly. I am anxious myself. One of my fave areas.

In the 5 decades of my experience with Utah Lake I have seen several up and down cycles with the water levels and white bass populations. The last real downer was at the end of the last big drought which ended in the winter of 2004-2005. The white bass population got so low that a large part of the walleye population actually starved to death. But once the heavy snowpack of that winter filled the lake again it only took a couple of years before the white bass and walleyes were showing up in numbers...and in good sizes within another couple of years. It is not as bad now as it was then. Once conditions get a little better the white bass numbers will explode.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Utah Lake Abyss 2-1-13 - by TubeDude - 02-02-2013, 01:03 PM
Re: [TubeDude] Utah Lake Abyss 2-1-13 - by BigEZ - 01-02-2014, 07:45 PM
Re: [BigEZ] Utah Lake Abyss 2-1-13 - by TubeDude - 01-02-2014, 09:49 PM