Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Abyss Swiss Cheese 1-17-14
[#0000FF]Believe it or not, I have studied and followed the "so-looney" tables for many years...for many waters and many species. My personal opinion is that they are like weather forecasts...based upon reasonable science but wrong as often as they are right.

Our primary goal today was to fish around the fringes of that area, looking for non-whitie species...like walleyes or cats. They generally hit better during low light periods, regardless of moon phases. But, just to ease your helpful mind, I was aware of the predictions for better fishing around midday, and voiced my hopefulness in them to Dave. And when fishing began to pick up after about 11 am we both made comments that it seemed the forecrash was on target.

I believe that sometimes anglers are fishing in the wrong place at the "right time" and you can't catch fish where they ain't. Combine that with finding a honey hole during the wrong time of day and it's enough to make you question the theories.

Just like my definition of anglers: A good angler can catch fish on the "wrong" bait or lure. A poor one often cannot score on what is the hot ticket for everybody else.

The best time to go fishing is whenever you can get away.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Abyss Swiss Cheese 1-17-14 - by TubeDude - 01-17-2014, 11:24 PM
Re: [RockyRaab] Abyss Swiss Cheese 1-17-14 - by TubeDude - 01-18-2014, 01:03 AM