Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Biggest Fish You Have Ever Seen ... But Tried & Couldn't Catch
[#0000ff][size 2]OK, OK I got one for you. [/size][/#0000ff]

[#0000ff][size 2]I fishing in the Uintahs along the Upper Provo with my daughter last summer. We are parked at the Soapstone turnoff and we fishing down stream about 1/4 mile from the bridge. We had just passed a large stump in the river and I saw along the bank in about 10" of water this hugh brown, she was about 28" long I eyeballed her size after we lost her using the branch above her and marking my rod. Here I am throwing all kinds of stuff at her just droping it right on her face floating it just in past her face even hitting hr and nothing. My daughter is leaning on me to get a better look and BAM, the branch I am leaning over breaks I fall face first into the river dump everthing out of my pockets into the rivermay daughter is now sitting on my back laughing her head off and I'm sucking up mud because I can't get her off me and my hands are tied up with all the gear now wrapped around the broken branch. Finally she gets up I'm soaked with water and cover with mud and on top of half my tackle is lost in the river and cover up with mud from the spot I was wallowing in. Needless to say I was not a happy camper, I lost the big fish, half my tackle, my daughter is laughing at me, and I'm muddy and wet! But I tried to get that monster, boy did I try! [/size][/#0000ff]
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Re: [UTBASS] The Biggest Fish You Have Ever Seen ... But Tried & Couldn't Catch - by FlyFishingMoose - 12-15-2003, 02:56 PM