Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Starvy blowout with Bassrods 1-25-14
[#0000FF]I was amazed at how high the lake is already. There has evidently been a lot of runoff from the recent rains. Also, they are only letting a trickle out of the dam right now. The river below is so low the fish are wearing tennis shoes.

I snapped a pic of a spot along the shoreline that showed the high water mark only being about 4 feet above current water level. But the wind must have blown it off my camera because it wasn't there when I downloaded my pics. Here is another pic of the main ramp area that will show it too.

If you are familiar with the Rabbit Gulch area, the long finger hump of rocks out from the end of the road is under water...with two or three feet of water over the highest point. Ditto for the low islands across on the north side. You can see them underwater but they are covered.

The lake will definitely fill to above high water during the next couple of months, but will likely be tapped by downstream water users sooner this year because of the low snowpack. So, we will have good fishing for a while but the lake will probably drop even lower this year than last year.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Re: [PACKFAN] Starvy blowout with Bassrods 1-25-14 - by TubeDude - 02-26-2014, 03:28 PM